Craig Tzvi Gherman Partner
Craig is head of the Start-Ups practice and a partner in the Corporate, Securities and Private Equity practices at SWA. His diverse practice focuses on public and private company stock and asset based acquisitions and sales, mergers, capital raises, joint ventures and corporate governance, as well as commercial and other business transactions.
Craig has over 15 years of experience in advising clients which range from individuals and start-ups to Fortune 500 public companies.
Formerly an associate in the global Corporate and M&A group of Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy, Craig joined SWA in 2006 and further expanded his varied and deep corporate transactional practice.
- Hofstra University School of Law (J.D. with Distinction) 2000
- Queens College (B.A. Magna Cum Laude with Honors, Psychology) 1996
- Associate, Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy, New York
- New York
- Advising on the sale of a Fortune 500 public multinational holding company’s UK-based consumer phone services business to a multiple award-winning UK provider of integrated telecommunications and Internet services.
- Acting on the sale of substantially all of the assets of the regulated commodities futures business of the largest independent commodities brokerage in the U.S. as part of one of the largest bankruptcies in U.S. history, valued at $320 million.
- Representing a global valuation and corporate finance advisor on its acquisition of a legal management consulting firm.
- Advising on the sale of a pension, health and welfare administration services business and creation of a new joint venture to deliver a comprehensive range of human resources outsourcing services, valued at $500 million.
- Advising a large retail energy provider on its acquisition of a retail energy advisory and brokerage company and a network marketing company.
- Representing a U.S.-based family office, in its Series A investment in an Israeli biomedical hi-tech company.
- Acting on the sale of the basic apparel business of a leading manufacturer pursuant to its Chapter 11 bankruptcy filing, valued at $835 million.
- Representing the private purchaser of a boutique winery in Israel.
- Representing an email marketing company in its sale to a large global technology provider.
- Representing an Israeli gesture recognition and tracking technology software developer in its sale to a large American multinational publicly traded corporation.
- Representing the selling partner in the buy-out of his interest in his leading specialty finance firm.
- Advising on the preferred stock investment in a government military contractor by a leading private equity fund valued, at $40 million.