Daniel E. Baron Counsel
Practice AreasCorporate / Information Technology / Intellectual Property & E-Commerce / Investment Funds / M&A / Private Equity / Securities
Daniel is Counsel in the Corporate, M&A, Securities, Private Equity and Investment Funds practices at SWA.
His breadth of commercial experience includes corporate transactions, public and private securities, mergers and acquisitions, commercial agreements, and venture capital. Daniel was described by Legal 500 2016 as “technically strong” and recommended in fund formation work.
He has extensively acted for clients on both debt and equity financing, as well as in general corporate matters across many sectors. Daniel was formerly an associate at Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft in New York.
- New York University School of Law (J.D.) 1998
- Yeshiva University (B.A. Political Science) 1993
- General Counsel, Integrated Asset Management
- Associate, Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft, New York
- Supreme Court of the State of Israel Clerkship
- New York
- Foreign Lawyer, Israel
- Representing issuer in initial public registration and resale of Securities under the Securities Act of 1933.
- Representing several issuers in various PIPE transactions which included debt and equity components.
- Advising on the separate acquisitions of a boutique winery, a steel company, an apparel sales website, an internet social networking business and a coal mining company.
- Forming a real estate investment fund in the residential single family home sector.
- Representing public companies with respect to periodic filings under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.
- Representing issuers in connection with resale registrations on form S-3, and associated comment exchanges with the SEC.
- Advising investor providing bridge financing in connection with a SPAC transaction.
- Formation of a closed end private equity fund position to invest in particular market sector.
- Formation of an algorithm based securities trading fund.
- Representing client in connection with corporate matters associated with springing control interests in a real estate transaction.
- Lease e-commerce transactions, including representation of both established and start-up internet-based businesses.
- Representing purchasers in the acquisition of food services businesses.
- Drafting operative documents for $400 million Floating Rate Insured Notes used as a reinsurance facility.
- Commercial transaction experience, including drafting form business agreements with counterparties.
- Representing purchaser in purchase of assets from 363 bankruptcy sales.
- Drafting and conducting consent solicitation from bondholders in connection with amendment to indenture.
- Extensive experience with sourcing, services, and commercial agreements for a Fortune 500 company.