Devorah I. Pomerantz Counsel
Devorah is Counsel in the Tax practice with a focus on transactions and fund formations.
Devorah has more than 19 years of experience in providing advice on a range of corporate and partnership tax matters. Notably, she has a strong track record in structuring corporate reorganizations including mergers, acquisitions and spin-offs, and advising on the tax aspects of these transactions.
Within an extensive client roster, she represents investors in relation to the tax aspects of their fund investments, as well as investment funds in connection with the tax aspects of fund formations.
Clients benefit from the depth of knowledge developed whilst working at U.S. legal powerhouses Davis Polk & Wardwell, Willkie Farr and Gallagher and Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison.
- New York University (LL.M, Taxation) 1997
- New York University School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude) 1995
- Queens College (B.A., summa cum laude, Communications Political Science) 1992
- Associate, Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison, New York
- Counsel, Willcox & Savage, Virginia
- Associate, Willkie, Farr & Gallagher, New York
- Associate, Davis Polk & Wardwell, New York
- New York
- New Jersey
- Structuring of mergers and acquisitions and other corporate transactions.
- Negotiating partnership agreements and drafting and reviewing the tax sections.
- Representing a multinational bank with respect to the tax aspects of fund investments.
- Providing tax advice to a global telecommunications company in connection with the tax structuring of a variety of transactions including a spin off, exchange offers, and joint venture.
- Providing advice and drafting legal memoranda regarding a variety of federal income tax matters.
- Representing an investment fund in connection with the tax aspects of fund formation.
- Representing taxable and tax-exempt investors in the context of fund investments.
- Drafting tax provisions of stock and asset purchase agreements as well as tax sharing agreements and credit agreements and negotiations relating to the tax provisions of the above agreements.
- Researching a variety of federal and state income tax issues.
- Drafting and reviewing fund agreements and private placement memoranda.