Dov Schwell Managing Partner
Dov is the Founder and Managing Partner of SWA and heads the firm’s Corporate, M&A and Securities practices.
Dov has 25 years of experience in corporate, transactional and securities matters, including public and private offerings of equity and debt securities, mergers and acquisitions of public and private entities, private equity, investment and exits, joint ventures, workouts, and general commercial and corporate representation. He works with a broad range of clients including issuers, investors, advisors, underwriters and placement agents on a large scope of capital raising and other transactions.
Clients benefit from his experience as outside counsel to public and private clients on a wide range of matters. Dov serves as Outside General Counsel to publicly-traded Genie Energy Ltd.
- Columbia Law School (J.D.) 1991
- Yeshiva University (B.A., magna cum laude, Computer Science) 1988
- Outside General Counsel, Genie Energy Ltd. (NYSE: GNE, GNEPRA)
- Chief Legal Officer, IDT Corporation (NYSE:IDT)
- Partner, McDermott, Will & Emery, New York
- Associate, Rubin Baum Levin Constant & Friedman, New York
- Associate, Hughes Hubbard & Reed, New York
- New York
- Foreign Attorney, Israel
- Acquisition by majority stockholder of remaining interest in public telecommunications company.
- Private equity and bank financing of international remote sensing (satellite) company.
- Management buyout of private equity sponsored company financed by two levels of high yield debt and bank financing.
- Initial public offerings of manufacturing, services and retail concerns.
- Refinancing of private equity sponsored manufacturing company.
- High-yield debt financing of wireless phone system operator.
- Spin-offs of non-core businesses by a conglomerate into separate public vehicles.
- Workout financing in pharmaceutical industry.
- Representing a national provider of personal lines insurance on its acquisitions.