Jan S. Wimpfheimer Managing Partner
Jan has been Managing Partner of the Firm since 2010 and heads the Private Equity and Investment Funds practices at SWA. His work for clients focuses on general corporate and transactional law.
Formerly a partner at Herzog, Fox & Ne’eman, Jan has over 20 years of experience in advising sponsors and investors in all types of private investment funds and handling mergers and acquisitions and other corporate transactions for financial institutions, multinationals, start-ups and other privately held entities.
Jan’s private funds work includes advising on all aspects of fund formation for hedge funds, private equity funds and other types of private investment funds, including for example venture capital, real estate, buyout, and specialty funds, as well as handling portfolio investments on their behalf.
Jan has been consistently ranked as a “leading individual” by Legal 500 in the field of Investment Funds, including in 2016, and has also been ranked by The International Who’s Who of Private Funds Lawyers.
- Columbia Law School – J.D. 1993
- Columbia Business School – M.B.A. 1993
- Yeshiva University – B.A. 1989
- Herzog, Fox & Neeman, Tel Aviv (2001-2010)
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP, New York (1998-2001)
- Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld LLP, New York (1996-1998)
- Associate, Loeb and Loeb, New York (1993-1996)
- New York
- Advising on some of the largest venture capital, growth capital and private equity funds dedicated to investment in Israel
- Representing numerous hedge funds, real estate investment funds or other investment vehicles in both the U.S. and Israel.
- Advising the first Israeli government-sponsored investment fund for minority-owned businesses and the first fund of funds dedicated to the Israeli market.
- Representing owners, buyers and investors in several Israeli high-tech companies.
- Israeli companies in equity financings led by leading U.S. and Israeli investment firms.