Jillian Walsh Counsel
Jillian is Counsel in the Corporate and Securities practices at SWA, focusing on a range of corporate transactions and securities issues, as well as corporate governance.
Since joining SWA in 2005, Jillian has accumulated more than 10 years of experience in assisting General Counsel of public companies on all aspects of SEC and stock exchange compliance.
Notably, she has represented various entities in stock and asset transactions, mergers and acquisitions, financing transactions, private equity and venture capital, and general securities matters.
- St John’s University School of Law (J.D.) 1998
- State University of New York at Albany (B.A., Psychology) 1995
- Associate, McDermott, Will & Emery, New York
- Associate, DLA Piper Rudnick Gray Cary, New York
- New York
- Supporting an international publicly-traded corporation on its tender offer for common stock of a publicly traded telecommunications provider, including drafting disclosure documents and various SEC filings, ensuring compliance with federal securities and Delaware law.
- Preparing annual and quarterly disclosure filings for NYSE and Alternext-listed companies, including advising on corporate governance issues and interfacing with exchanges, SEC, transfer agents, and other vendors.
- Preparing and executing an option tender offer, reverse stock split, a spin-off and a cash dividend.
- Providing corporate and securities advice regarding spin-off of operating division of public company to shareholders.
- Drafting all SEC forms, proxy statements, and information statements.