P 646 328 0784
F 646 360 firstname.lastname@example.org
- University of Pittsburgh (J.D.) 1990
- Skidmore College (B.A.) 1986
- The Juilliard School (Violin) 1982
- TruGreen LandCare (Vice President and General Counsel)
- American Home Shield Corporation (Director of Legal Operations)
- American Residential Services (Director of Litigation and Claims Management)
- The Terminix International Company (Assistant General Counsel)
- McKnight, Hudson, Lewis & Henderson
- Wolff Ardis
- Curtis, Morris & Safford
- Commercial Transactions
- Insurance and Risk Management
Awards and Recognition
- BTI Client Service All-Star 2014
Jonathan is Of Counsel at Schwell Wimpfheimer & Associates, specializing in commercial transactions and litigation.
Before joining the firm, he was Vice President and General Counsel of TruGreen LandCare, a former subsidiary of ServiceMaster. Prior to his position at TruGreen, Jonathan held senior legal positions in three other ServiceMaster subsidiaries (namely, The Terminix International Company, American Home Shield Corporation and American Residential Services).
During his time as in-house counsel, Jonathan oversaw several legal departments (of up to five attorneys and paralegals) that handled the entirety of legal issues.
Prior to working in-house, Jonathan spent five years in private practice focused on commercial and employment litigation.
- Reviewing, revising and negotiating contractual terms and conditions for thousands of agreements as well as hundreds of governmental and municipal requests for bid proposals.
- Negotiating complex sourcing/services agreements.
- Extensive drafting, including commercial services agreements, company-specific “form” agreements, amendments/addenda, confidentiality agreements, releases, settlement agreements, asset-purchase agreements, non-competition agreements, licensing and subcontractor agreements.
- Handling a wide variety of matters, including contract negotiation/review, employment issues, claims and litigation, risk management and insurance issues, subcontractor issues, marketing-related issues, privacy issues, environmental/regulatory matters, and providing general business advice.
- Personally handling and managing outside counsel to handle a wide variety of claims and litigation in multiple jurisdictions, including property damage, general liability, auto, personal injury, employment, construction defect, regulatory, tender of defense, real estate, mold and indoor air quality, embezzlement and collection matters.