Michael Hughes Partner
Michael is a Partner in the Corporate and Securities practices, with a particular focus on representing public and private companies on a diverse range of corporate transactions, corporate compliance, and securities law issues.
Michael has 20 years of experience in advising on IPOs, spin-offs, secondary offerings, and merger and acquisition transactions. Clients tap into his depth of corporate experience, which comprises contractual work, corporate restructurings, stock option plan administration and other day-to-day corporate matters.
His understanding of the corporate issues faced by clients also owes much to his role as in-house and General Counsel for NYSE and AMEX-listed companies before joining SWA.
- Rutgers-Newark School of Law (J.D.) 1996
- University of Scranton (B.S.) 1991
- General Counsel, Document Security Systems, Inc., New York
- Senior Associate ,McDermott, Will & Emery, New York
- Associate, Shack & Siegel, New York
- Associate, Lowenstein, Sandler, New Jersey
- New York
- Advising on the secondary offerings of Net2Phone, Inc. stock and Document Security Systems, Inc. stock.
- Acting on the acquisition of 4Sure.com by Office Depot.
- Assisting Pegasus Partners, L.P. on multiple private equity transactions.
- Representing private and public companies on multiple acquisitions of private companies.
- Assisting IDT Corporation on multiple filings with the SEC, corporate governance matters and strategic transactions.