- Information Technology
- Intellectual Property & E-Commerce
- Private Equity
- Defense & Aerospace
- Investment Funds
- Labor & Employment
- Real Estate
- Corporate Tax
- Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation
- Non-Profit & Tax-Exempt Organizations
- הגנה ותעופה
- ייצוג בבית משפט
- זכויות יוצרים ומסחר אלקטרוני
- טכנולוגיית מידע
- הטבות עובדים ומנהלים
- מוסדות ללא כוונת רווח
- מס תאגידי
- עבודה ותעסוקה
- קרנות השקעה
- הון פרטי
- מיזוגים ורכישות
Whether you are involved in transactional or commercial matters, or looking to complete an energy trading agreement, you benefit from working closely with professionals whose global outlook matches their track record. At SWA, our hands-on approach and client-service focused attorneys leave no stone unturned on your behalf.
Our seamless and coordinated advice attracts a diverse range of energy industry participants, who regularly tap into our widespread expertise.
Energy trading agreements
We keep current and are abreast of all market standards and developing trends to be able to offer the most cutting-edge and up-to-speed analysis of the opportunities and legal risk of the following types of agreements:
- Master trading agreements for energy commodities and energy derivatives
- Security agreements, guaranties and letters of credit
- Wholesale energy trading agreements
- Retail energy supply agreements
- Agreements for the purchase and sale of environmental attributes
- Standard industry documentation for physical and financial energy commodities
- Trading renewable energy credits (RECs) and Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative credits
- NAESB master agreement (including the Canadian Addendum)
- EEI master agreement (including REC Annex)
- LEAP master agreement
- ISDA master agreement (including North American Gas Annex, North American Power Annex, U.S. Crude Oil and Refined Petroleum Products Annex and REC Annex)
- EFET master agreement
- REC General Terms and Conditions as well as purchase and sale agreements
We can work closely with your internal credit, tax, compliance, legal and business departments, to make sure we maximize opportunities while minimizing risk.
We represent energy clients on many corporate, commercial, and transactional matters. These include:
- Commercial agreements
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Structuring joint ventures
- Debt and equity financing
- FCPA compliance
Engagements Have Included
- Representing a developer and manufacturer of renewable power solutions in their SEC reporting, private placements of stock, financing and commercial agreements.
- Representing an oil exploration and development company in a joint venture with an oil major.
- Representing an energy company in connection with the purchase of intellectual property assets used in the manufacture of solar grade silicon.
- Advising a solar technology company in connection with potential merger with recycler of raw materials.
- Developing adaptable set of template documents for renewable energy solution provider to be used in multiple applications and jurisdictions.
- Drafting transaction documents and industry and business disclosure for an offering memorandum of a company in the liquid and compressed natural gas distribution industry.
- Representing a leading developer and manufacturer of renewable power solutions in a dispute concerning the misappropriation of trade secrets, unfair competition and other business torts.