- Information Technology
- Intellectual Property & E-Commerce
- Private Equity
- Defense & Aerospace
- Investment Funds
- Labor & Employment
- Real Estate
- Corporate Tax
- Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation
- Non-Profit & Tax-Exempt Organizations
- הגנה ותעופה
- ייצוג בבית משפט
- הטבות עובדים ומנהלים
- מס תאגידי
- עבודה ותעסוקה
- קרנות השקעה
Whether you are involved in the negotiation of licensing or distribution agreements, looking to protect your IP or build relationships overseas, you gain considerable insight from working together with lawyers who can help you confront the range of legal challenges in the entertainment sector. At SWA, a proactive and responsive team is ready to apply its lateral thinking and international outlook to help you overcome these challenges and accomplish your commercial goals.
Entertainment companies, artists and corporate clients rely on our commercial experience and global business outlook as they look to protect and maximize their entertainment-related intellectual property. Our intimate knowledge of commercial agreements and the IP issues faced by these clients ensures that our counsel is sought right across the spectrum of media industries, including the recording, broadcasting, internet, advertising, motion picture, publishing, merchandising and digital delivery industries.
We are directly plugged into all aspects of your company’s business, working closely with your relevant internal credit, tax, compliance, legal and business departments, to make sure we maximize opportunities and minimize the risks posed by these agreements.
Engagements Have Included
- Representing a brand name print and digital content publisher by successfully negotiating licensing and digital distribution arrangements with Disney, Amazon, Google, Barnes & Noble, Kobo, Paramount, Warner Bros., Fox, Sony, Lion’s Gate, BBC, CBS, Universal, and others.
- Creating, templating, and negotiating a range of content-driven contracts for a major novel and comic book publisher. The publisher is a licensee of famous franchises such as Star Trek® GI Joe® and Transformers® and the distribution partner for the major motion picture studios.
- Representing a direct response television company on all aspects of its business, including licensing and acquisition of new ideas from inventors, producer and talent agreements for infomercials, financing arrangements, manufacturing agreements, media purchasing and fulfillment.
- Advising a recording artist with all aspects of its entertainment career, including a joint-venture recording and distribution agreement with Epic Records/Sony Wonder, music publishing, management agreements, sponsorship agreements, and the formation of an artist-owned production company and intellectual property holding company for the purposes of attracting independent investor funds.
- Representing an independent television production company in all aspects of its creation and sale of a comedy feature to a major cable network, including artist agreements, protection of intellectual property, and licensing agreement with the network.
- Representing a world-famous blues singer and his affiliated companies in the intellectual property and licensing aspects of a proposed franchise arrangement for an international chain of blues clubs.
- Advising an independent film production company in connection with the development of a made-for-television motion picture.
- Representing a nationally known designer in negotiations with cable broadcast networks, national endorsement deals, DVD negotiations with a major retailer, and domain name matters.