- Information Technology
- Intellectual Property & E-Commerce
- Private Equity
- Defense & Aerospace
- Investment Funds
- Labor & Employment
- Real Estate
- Corporate Tax
- Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation
- Non-Profit & Tax-Exempt Organizations
- הגנה ותעופה
- ייצוג בבית משפט
- הטבות עובדים ומנהלים
- מס תאגידי
- עבודה ותעסוקה
- קרנות השקעה
Intellectual Property & E-Commerce
As the internet continues to change our lives and businesses at a startling pace, there is a continued pressure to remain cutting edge and up to speed on industry, technological and regulatory developments. Working with SWA, you partner with talented professionals who are plugged into these developments and apply their deep experience in e-commerce and licensing to ensure you stay on track.
Such a fast-moving global industry equally requires efficient and forward-thinking lawyers with an international outlook. Web-based companies approach us with confidence for the breadth of our IP expertise, particularly our strong background in e-commerce and licensing.
We are well versed in drafting, negotiating and advising on a range of policies, agreements, arrangements, and issues including:
- Terms of service and privacy policies, content, advertising and design for websites
- Strategic alliances
- Affiliate arrangements
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) protection
- Regulatory compliance
- IP rights clearance
- Data security
Our knowledge base also encompasses the necessary licensing issues facing all clients operating in the Internet/e-commerce space, including preparing, structuring, drafting and negotiating license, technology development, software development and e-commerce agreements.
Engagements Have Included
- Creating privacy policies, terms of service, SaaS licenses, and platform developer terms for web-based companies.
- Developing content and handling licensing transactions for content aggregators and distributors.
- Structuring advertising, lead generation and affiliate agreements.
- Negotiating website development and hosting terms.
- Streamlining and standardizing licensing agreements for content driven clients in the direct retail television, graphic comics, social media, and advertising industries.
- Representing several Fortune 500 companies with their entertainment-related needs, including the negotiation of television sponsorship agreements.
- Representing a publishers in negotiating with content providers such as Google, Amazon, and Barnes & Noble using both wholesale and agency models.
- Representing social media companies.
- Facilitating digital rights technology monitoring agreement for mobile content community.