- Information Technology
- Intellectual Property & E-Commerce
- Private Equity
- Defense & Aerospace
- Investment Funds
- Labor & Employment
- Real Estate
- Corporate Tax
- Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation
- Non-Profit & Tax-Exempt Organizations
In today’s business environment, you need the support of high quality counsel that has your confidence and the experience to help you close your deals. Whether you are looking to complete an M&A or other transaction, you need lawyers who will be available to give you the attention you and your transaction require and share your goal to develop, grow and maintain a competitive edge. SWA is your counsel.
Across many sectors, companies, boards of directors, executives and in-house legal departments feature among an extensive client roster, who benefit from the knowledge and attention of the SWA team on a broad range of corporate, commercial and transactional legal services.
These services include advising clients on mergers, acquisitions and divestitures. We also provide comprehensive advice on the structuring, negotiating, documenting and closing of commercial arrangements, joint ventures and investments, where we represent both issuers and strategic and financial investors.
Engagements Have Included
- Acquisition by majority stockholder of remaining interest in public telecommunications company.
- Representing public company in spin-offs of multiple non-core divisions into separate, publicly traded companies – one listed on the NYSE.
- Representing private equity-backed company in roll up of insurance brokerage businesses.
- Representing high tech company in sale to dominant industry participant.
- Representing development company in joint venture with leading international oil and gas company in development of shale oil field.
- Sale of a Fortune 500 public multinational holding company’s U.K.-based consumer phone services business to a multiple award-winning U.K. provider of integrated telecommunications and Internet services for £24 million in cash and stock.
- Representing high tech company in acquisition of complementary business.
- Representing client in connection with purchase of boutique winery.