- Information Technology
- Intellectual Property & E-Commerce
- Private Equity
- Defense & Aerospace
- Investment Funds
- Labor & Employment
- Real Estate
- Corporate Tax
- Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation
- Non-Profit & Tax-Exempt Organizations
A strong grasp of the issues facing operators in the private equity space requires a complete immersion in the field. Working with lawyers at the heart of the private equity arena is paramount to your business’ success, and at SWA, you have access to attorneys who have cultivated such knowledge over many years.
Our unparalleled knowledge of investment funds and our global commercial outlook have been instrumental in our success. We combine these factors to provide a breadth of corporate and transactional advice, as well as U.S. securities and compliance advice, to investment advisors and managers throughout the world.
In particular, we are regularly involved in advising corporate, institutional and private investors in relation to:
- The formation of private investment funds (including venture capital funds, private equity funds, growth capital funds, hedge funds, secondary funds, real estate funds and funds of funds).
- The structuring of investment transactions in both U.S. and foreign jurisdictions.
- And the use and formation of investment vehicles to further such transactions.
Both these services, and our reputation in providing them, attract a diverse client roster, comprising businesses in diverse industries such as solar energy, high-tech, oil, financial services sectors.
Engagements Have Included
- Counseling clients on private offerings of securities, acquisitions and dispositions of privately held businesses.
- Representing investment funds and multinationals of all sizes in investment and divestment transactions.
- Counseling portfolio companies in which investment funds invest and accompanying clients through all stages of corporate development —incubation, start-up, emergence and maturity.