- Information Technology
- Intellectual Property & E-Commerce
- Private Equity
- Defense & Aerospace
- Investment Funds
- Labor & Employment
- Real Estate
- Corporate Tax
- Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation
- Non-Profit & Tax-Exempt Organizations
Whatever commercial objectives your start-up is striving to achieve, the importance of effective and responsive action, quick turnaround time and a breadth of start-up experience is key to success in such a competitive marketspace. At SWA, you consult with professional lawyers whose global outlook matches your vision, and whose seamless advice provides you with the tools necessary to work towards it.
A roster of start-ups turn to SWA for our advice in a number of areas including:
- The formation/incorporation of a start-up company
- Drafting corporate governance instruments
- Drafting and negotiating commercial and investment agreements
- Preparing employment contracts, policies and manuals
- Protecting the intellectual property assets of a start-up
Engagements Have Included
- Representing a motion-gesturing start-up, including corporate (securities, financing and sale), employment, IP, licensing and commercial aspects.
- Representing start-up technology companies in their raising additional capital from shareholders and venture capitalists.
- Representing a start-up in the medical sensor field on corporate and employment matters.
- Representing an international medical solutions start-up on establishing a U.S. entity in relation to corporate and employment issues, in conjunction with state and Federal law requirements.
- Advising start-up companies on a range of employment issues including the structuring of key executive employment agreements, sales agent contracts, bonus incentives, non-competition and non-solicitation agreements, and employee benefit packages.
- Representing an e-commerce daily deal company in its formation, organization and set up of website and business/legal infrastructure.
- Representing a start-up internet company with regard to the barter exchange regulations.
- Preparing offer letters, employment contracts, non-disclosure and non-competition agreements for all levels of employees, including executive level for a start-up in the online video space.
- Providing corporate and employment law advice to a U.S./Israeli start-up in the edu-tainment field.
- Representing a start-up television production company in its formation, corporate structuring, protection of intellectual property, and the sale of a television show to a major cable network, as well as all creative contracts related to the production of the program.